What is the xCP xCelerator Challenge?
The xCP xCelerator Challenge is a contest that invites EMC Documentum customers, partners, and employees to submit working xCelerators to the xCP xCelerator xChange, a library of xCelerators contributed by the xCP community. The entries will be judged by the community and a panel of experts, and winners will share a $50,000 prize pool.
What Is An xCelerator?
An xCelerator is one or more assets that can be used to accelerate the creation, adoption, and/or implementation of an xCP solution. An xCelerator is not necessarily a complete, running application; instead, it is intended to hasten application development by providing key pieces of functionality.
What Types of xCelerators are Eligible for the Challenge?
For this Challenge, we're looking for executable (working) sample applications or single-purpose xCelerator assets. See the Judging Criteria for a complete description of the contest categories.
Who Can Enter?
The Challenge is open to all Documentum customers, partners, and employees.
Each submission must be in one of three categories:
- Sample Application: Needs to provide the foundation for an end to end case management or BPM solution, covering the full lifecycle from creation to completion. An example is the Grants Management sample application that is provided with the xCP product.
- xCelerator Asset: A standalone component that can be plugged into any xCP application. Examples that are included with xCP include the Advanced Search xCelerator and several Activity Template xCelerators.
- Employee Submission: The best xCelerator submitted by an EMC employee. Employees may submit either type of xCelerator, but only one prize will be awarded.
We're looking for submissions that are executable or deployable to a working xCP application. That means xCP Design Patterns are not eligible for this contest (although you're encouraged to contribute those as well to help raise your community status).
What are the Prizes?
One cash prize will be awarded in each of the following categories:
- Best Sample Application: $20,000
- Best xCelerator Asset: $10,000
- Best Employee Entry: $10,000
Plus, each of the three winning teams will receive one conference pass plus expenses to participate in an expert panel at the next EMC World, May 2011 in Las Vegas (total of 3 passes).
An Added Bonus!
Network with others across the entire EMC Documentum Developer Network!!
Sounds Great! How Do I Enter?
- Contest opens October 26th 2010 at Momentum Lisbon
- All entries due by midnight Pacific Time, December 31 2010
- Community posting of finalists and voting starts mid-January 2011
- Voting complete early February 2011
- Winners announced early March 2011
- Winners present on Expert Panel at Momentum at EMC World May 2011
So, come on! Get your game on!! We want to hear from you!!